We're impressed with our curriculum, now it's your turn! We hope to engage your child's sense of identity by capturing his/her imagination and attention. So, we put a lot of effort into providing our students with substantive lessons and a positive atmosphere.
The lessons are multi-sensory and hands-on, ensuring that the students truly experience what they are being taught. The lessons are structured with discussion-starters, to create a lively, interactive classroom experience. The information truly becomes the student's own.
Our Hebrew School uses the new, acclaimed Aleph Champ program to ensure that your child will read fluently at the end of his/her Hebrew School experience.
Our students learn to read & write Hebrew. They gain confidence and familiarity with the Siddur-Hebrew Prayer Book.
Study of the weekly Torah portion provides our students
with practical lessons that apply to our daily lives.
Our students will attain an affection for our heritage and a
uniqueness of our homeland Israel.
The students gain an appreciation of our heritage and culture that
has been preserved throughout the ages.
HOLIDAYS AND SHABBAT
Traditions and celebrations, exploring
the Jewish Holidays and Shabbat will provide a deeper
understanding for our students.
Beginning with the origins of the mitzvot,
stressing practical applications in our daily lives, our
students will explore a personal Jewishness.
Goals and Outcomes
Our philosophy is that every Jewish child is entitled to a Jewish education . To achieve this goal, we have opened a Hebrew school in Warwick to bring this opportunity to the children of our community. Chabad Hebrew School offers a warm and lively Jewish atmosphere where children can attain a unique and exciting awareness of their Jewish identity.
At Chabad Hebrew School we endeavor that our students should...
- Attain a strong sense of love of Judaism and pride in being Jewish.
- Discover & explore the Torah (Bible), the incredible history of the Jewish people & see its relevance in today's day & age.
- Gain an understanding of the practices & traditions of Judaism.
- Know the morals, values & ethical behavior mandated by the Torah.
- Have a hands-on experience & appreciation for all Jewish holidays.
- Master Hebrew skills of reading & writing.
- Understand basic Hebrew words.
- Learn basic prayers so that the students will feel comfortable when attending services.
- Identify with the land of Israel and its inhabitants.
- Allow for students to express their opinions and questions about G-d, Torah & religion.
Indeed, a child equipped with an education and a feeling for Judaism’s beautiful teachings, traditions, and historical lessons is a child better equipped to face the awesome moral challenges of today’s society.
Our school’s underlying approach is for the children to enjoy the time spent so that they are left with positive feelings and fond memories of their Jewish education. Our program is thus carefully blended with songs, games, incentives, arts and crafts, drama, field trips, family celebrations and other exciting co-curricular activities.